Easy to Make Handmade
Handmade Thanksgiving cards can be really easy to make. Take this one for example! Here I made a square card with just some paper and rubber stamps.
This is really the gateway holiday for the beginning of the crazy holiday season, so I think it is best to take it easy before it gets too wild and keep things simple.
Aside from sending holiday greetings to your loved ones, these cards can be used as Thanksgiving Invitations, just write the information about your gathering inside.
If you don't have a pumpkin rubber stamp - do not fear! You can use other iconic pictures such as: a turkey, an autumn colored leaf, a basket of bread and vegetables, etc...
I used this pumpkin rubber stamp because it was a simple stamp and resonated with the holiday.
If you have clip art on your computer, you could easily find a pumpkin or another picture that you can use as a focal point on your homemade greeting card.
- Cardstock for the actual card
- Cardstock for the picture and "Give Thanks" Message
- Cardstock to border message
- Pumpkin rubber stamp or picture of your choosing
- Alphabet Stamps, "Give Thanks"
- Ink pad for rubber stamps, I used a brown brush marker
- Colored pencils (or water paints) to color in your pumpkin or other picture
- Four brads, optional
- Craft knife
- Paper trimmer
- Bone Folder
- Stamp your picture and message on a piece of cardstock.
Note: I am not a perfect rubber stamper (yet!) so I used a large piece of cardstock to practice.
- Color in your pumpkin or picture of your choice.
- Trim around your picture and message.
- Trim another piece of cardstock a little larger than your picture and message, this will be your border.
- Trim the cardstock (for the actual card) so that the front is a little bigger than the cardstock that will be your border around the message.
Note: This Thanksgiving card ended up being a small sqaure card. Notice that if I was planning on making invitations I could probably use one piece of brown cardstock to create two actual Thanksgiving cards.
- Glue your message onto the cardstock that will border it.
- Glue that piece of cardstock onto the front of your card.
- Optional: Use your craft knife to cut four slits into the four corners of your cardstock that has your message. Insert your four brads through these slits.
Check out More Thanksgiving Cards
Go Back to Creative Card Ideas Homepage