Simple Mothers Day Card Ideas!
Easy Mothers Day Card Ideas that require just paper and glue are great ways to get your kids involved in the craft!
Here is a simple Mother's Day card that I created for my mom.
I used scrap pieces of patterned paper that complemented one another and stenciled out a couple of flowers to create a type of centerpiece for the front.
I decided to write "Mom" on a circular piece of cardstock and glue it to the middle of the flower - making the card nice and simple.
The multiple layers of cardstock make this card extra sturdy.
For added dimension to your Mothers Day Card ideas you can try:
- Adding fake flowers to the front instead of a paper flower
- Use actual ribbon or pretty lace for breaking up the four sections - I used strips of patterned paper because I didn't have ribbon that would match
- Instead of a flower, you can use a different shape like a heart, star, or even circles
- You can choose more vibrant colors to make the card really stand out - I enjoyed using the simple patterned pastels for this card
- Embellish the card with extra little flowers, buttons, or bows
I wanted to create a really simple card that would be easy to make with material on hand, but you can certainly use this card as a launching pad for creating more elaborate Mothers Day Card ideas.
- Cardstock for the actual card, I chose yellow
- 4 Pieces of patterned paper to make the different sections of the card
- 2 Strips of patterned paper (or ribbon) to go vertically and horizontally across the card
- 2 Paper flower cut-outs, I just used a stencil that I had on hand, but you can certainly just cut out the shape of the flower
- 1 Small circle for the center of the flower, I wrote "Mom" on the small circle
- Inky black pen for writing "Mom"
- Craft knife
- Steel ruler
- Cutting mat
- Rubber cement or your choice glue/adhesive
- Cut and fold your cardstock to the desired size.
- Cut one patterned paper to fit just inside the front of the card, leaving a small border around it.
- Cut the strips of patterned paper to fit vertically and horizontally along the card.
- Cut the other three patterned pieces of paper to fit into the other sections of the front of the card - kind of like a puzzle.
TIP: Use the strips of patterned paper to help you visualize and measure how big or small the pieces will be.
- Cut out the two flowers, I chose to stencil the flowers onto other pieces of patterned paper, but you can use solid cardstock as well.
- Cut out a circle to fit into the center of the flower and write "Mom"
- Glue the largest patterned paper onto the front of the card.
- Glue the other pieces of patterned paper onto the front of the card.
- Glue the strips of patterned paper horizontally and vertically on the front of the card, sectioning off the different patterned paper.
- Glue the flowers on the intersection of the two strips of paper.
- Glue the circle with "Mom" written on it to the center of the flower.
More Mothers Day Card Ideas
Go Back to Creative Card Ideas Homepage