Homemade Fathers Day Cards
To Make Yourself
Some homemade Fathers Day cards can be made using the material that you have on hand.
I created this simple, yet beautiful handmade greeting card using a rub-on transfer of a boat, some different colored cardstock, and some brads.
I think that men usually like simple, no-frills greeting cards, which may suggest that it is easy to make card for them, but it is not!
I like to stick with neutral colors for greeting cards geared toward men, but I found that the different shades of blue and grey really worked well to highlight the sail boat.
Try working with the focal point of your homemade Fathers Day cards to find ways to really bring out the best in the main element of the card, especially if you are keeping it simple.
Homemade Father Day cards do not have to look homemade.
And there are also some places you can check out for inexpensive craft material.
I like to use straight edge cuts with squares and rectangles (mainly because I don't have a circle cutter!), but by using straight and precisely cut lines, you can create a really professional looking card!
By simplifying the way you make your homemade Fathers Day cards, you will still end up with beautiful handmade cards that do not require expensive crafting machines or tools.
This is especially true if you are on a budget and need to make inexpensive greeting cards that still look well-made.
Making handmade greeting cards is fun and a great way to save some money - especially when special occasions come around - like Father's Day!
Cardstock for the actual card, I chose a very dark blue textured cardstock
- Three other different colored pieces of cardstock, I chose a light blue, dark gray, and cream color.
- Rub-on transfer of a sail boat or what ever picture that you choose to use.
- Printer to print out the "Happy Father's Day" message or rubber stamps
- Paper trimmmer
- Bone Folder
- Optional, four brads
- Optional, craft knife for the brads
- Cut and fold your cardstock to the desired size.
- Rub-on your picture onto the lightest colored cardstock.
- Trim around your picture.
- Trim another piece of cardstock so that your picture fits just inside with a small border.
- Trim another piece of cardstock a little larger to hold both the picture and the second piece of cardstock.
- Glue the picture onto the second piece of cardstock, then glue that cardstock onto the third piece of cardstock.
- Print or stamp your "Happy Father's Day" card message onto the lightest shade of cardstock.
- Similar to what you did with the picture, trim the other pieces of cardstock so that message becomes nested into the pieces with borders around it.
- Glue the message to the pieces of cardstock.
- Glue the picture and the message onto the front of the card.
Here is a picture without the brads - the card still looks really great!
- Optional: Use your craft knife to carefully cut little slits into the four corners around your pictures.
- Optional: carefully push the brads through the slits and attach by folding the ends of the brads back of the card.
Find more homemade Fathers Day Cards
Here are other homemade Father's Day card ideas for you to use for inspiration!
Fun Homemade Graduation Card Ideas
The time is near for graduates to celebrate! Celebrate with them by making a congratulations graduate card!
Creative Card Ideas Homepage
Go back to the Creative Card Ideas homepage.