Handmade Christmas Card Ideas
That You Can Make
There are lots of handmade Christmas Card ideas that can be found on-line or in the stores, but a lot of them require a ton of embellishments or crafting supplies.
I enjoy looking through different Christmas greeting card ideas, but I don't have a lot of crafting supplies on hand.
For this card I used a rubber stamp of a leaf that I've had for a long time. Now this is not a "holiday" plant like a poinsettia or a holly but I found that it worked in creating a very subtle display of holiday spirit.
Personally, I enjoy simple handmade Christmas card ideas and I found that this rubber stamp was able to add a lot to a simple card.
I also chose to stray a little way off the beaten path of the typically holiday colors of green and red.
Instead I chose a green and blue color combo which added to the simplicity of the design.
I often get overwhelmed by all of the trinkets and embellishments that are on a lot of handmade Christmas card ideas. They are beautiful and creative, but I just don't have the budget to create such glamorous greeting cards.
Instead, I use what I have to make a card that is simple and easy. I hope you can take some ideas from this card to find out what you have on hand to create your own handmade Christmas card ideas.
- Cardstock for the actual card, I chose a very dark blue
- Cardstock for stamping the image of the leaf
- Cardstock for the background of the leaf
- Cardstock for the background of the message
- Rubber stamp, a leaf or poinsetta or holly would work - or some other pretty flower/leaf stamp that you might have on hand.
- Ink for the rubber stamp
- Printer to print out your message or a Rubber Stamp for your "Happy Holidays" or "Merry Christmas" message
- Cardstock for printing out or rubber stamping your message
- Craft Scissors
- Steel ruler
- Cutting mat
- Glue Runner or your choice of glue/adhesive
- Cut and fold your cardstock to its desired size.
- Cut another colored cardstock to fit just inside of the front of the card.
- Cut another colored cardstock (the one you will be stamping) to fit just inside that card.
- Ink and stamp your leaf/plant onto the cardstock piece that will be on the very front of your card. In my case, it would be the cream colored cardstock.
- Print out or rubber stamp your message on a piece of cardstock.
- Cut around the message, I chose to tear around my message for a different look.
- Cut (or tear) around a piece of cardstock to create a border around your message, I chose to use the green cardstock for the border of the message.
- Glue your message to the cardstock piece that will "border" it.
- Glue the larger piece of cardstock to the front of the card.
- Glue the stamped piece of cardstock onto the front of the card.
- Glue your message onto the stamped piece of cardstock.
Find More Christmas Card Ideas!
Check out some more homemade Christmas card ideas that you can make this holiday season.
Need Some Birthday Card Ideas?
If you know someone who will also be celebrating their birthday soon, then consider some of these fun homemade birthday cards!
Creative Card Ideas Homepage
Go back to the Creative Card Ideas homepage.