Simple Baby Card Ideas
for a New Baby Girl
It is sometimes difficult to think of baby card ideas because I always feel pressured by all the beautiful handmade cards that I see on-line.
Instead of going all out for this card - I wanted to keep it as simple as possible.
The results? A super simple and super cute new baby card!
I found the BABY stamp at the dollar store, as well as the patterned paper. The thick white canvas "ribbon" that I used to stamp the BABY message on was found at Joann's fabric store - they were selling bags of leftover ribbon (all kinds!) for a buck!
How could I resist such bargains?
The buttons I already had on hand for when I created my one of my other baby card ideas.
So really, making this card was a cinch and it didn't pinch my wallet!
PS: This can also be made for a baby boy, just choose different colors.
I wanted to go overboard on the lavender, purple, lilac -- whatever you call it, so this card in particular may be more suitable for a girl.
- Cardstock for the actual card, I just used some white cardstock that I had on hand.
- BABY rubber stamp (or an alphabet set that you can use to write out BABY)
- Inkpad or Brush markers (I used a purple brush marker for this card to match the pattern and the buttons)
- Thick canvas strip for stamping the message
- 4 little buttons that match your patterned paper
- Craft knife (or paper trimmer)
- Bone folder
- Cut and fold your cardstock to the desired size.
- Cut your patterned paper to fit onto the entire front of the card.
- Glue your patterned paper onto the front of the card.
- Stamp your BABY message onto the piece of canvas
- Trim around the canvas.
- Glue a button at the corners of the canvas around your message.
Here's a close up picture of the stamped canvas:
- Glue canvas onto the middle of your card.
- Viola! All Done!
Where to Get Handmade Card Making Supplies
Here are some ideas of where to look for cheap crafting supplies. Some are obvious and others can help you to hunt down some unique embellishments and supplies for all your paper crafts.
Fun Paper to Use for all Your Baby Card Ideas
Learn about different types of paper used for handmade greeting cards and see if one might be just perfect for your all your card creations!
Creative Card Ideas Homepage
Go back to the Creative Card Ideas homepage.